7.14.2013

puerto rico photo diary


I desperately needed a vacation, and since my passport felt like growing legs and hiding from me, we decided on visiting Puerto Rico for the first time. It's an amazing feeling sitting in the sky. Being sandwiched between cotton puff clouds almost convinced me that we were on a different layer of the world.




We nested at the Intercontinental Hotel in Isla Verde. One upgraded suite later, I woke up to this breathtaking view, complete with waterfall pools and palm trees right on the beautiful beach.



The lush landscape complete with miniature iguanas, we were surrounded and serenaded by symphonies of croaking amphibians.

After laying out on the beach for a few days, we decided to venture out to Old San Juan to explore. Our first stop was the Castillo de San Cristóbal, or Fort Cristóbal, a fort built by Spain to protect against land based attacks on the city of San Juan. It's an amazing piece of architecture with views of the entire city when you make it to the top.

WEARING: BARIII TOP, FOREVER21 SKIRT & SANDALS, LULU'S CROSSBODY BAG
"where's Jinna?"
Hundreds of pigeons gather in front of City Hall - I haven't seen any of them anywhere else but right in this circle. 




The pastel-colored buildings and cobblestone streets were reminiscent of what I've read about certain parts of Europe in magazines. The old section of the city had history well kept, tucked in with an innocent charm.



We ended the day at the Bacardi distillery, soaking in the history of the bat and family company while sipping on rum punches.



The weather was so unpredictable - it would range from light mists for two hours to ridiculous storms for a mere two minutes. It was almost impossible to plan according to the weather reports, so we had to play it by ear and suck it up when we got soaked. Sometimes it got so humid by the water that my camera lens fogged up and I couldn't see a thing. Difficult when you try to document the world around you. =P




WEARING: KENZO PARIS SANDALS, H&M DRESS



FLYING BACK INTO JFK AIRPORT, NEW YORK

This will hopefully be one of many travelling photo diaries - I'm set on discovering the world not so close by. It's an amazing investment, and I hope I can inspire you to set aside the time and money to travel more as well!

xx
Jinna


2 comments :

  1. Lovely set of photos. I'm happy for your vacation. :) Everyone deserves a break and feel good. I love your Kenzo sandals, swear! I like the print of your skirt too. <3

    xx Diana
    http://stylegrenade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderfull, I would love to go here

    Fanny
    tvotvp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete